Tuesday 31 July 2012

Carter speaks out

Welton S&SC have announced two pre season friendlies both at home on the 12th and 26th of August. Sadly One Man that will definatley not be involved in those games is Welton stalwart Will Carter who has finally broken his silence on the horror injury that marred the pulsating County Cup final little over two months ago.


In a candid and open interview with wsscfc.blogspot.co.uk Carter spoke of the challenge that left him with clean breaks of his right tibia and fibia and also commented on the shambolic treatment he received in the immediate aftermath of the challenge.

“I can’t really remember much about it.” (The challenge)

“I know I won the ball and the lad was late, whether he’s gone in trying to hurt me I don’t know and I guess he’s the only one that knows that.”

“It hadn’t been a dirty game and I’d like to think it was just unfortunate although I do think that there’s players out there that are of a mindset that they just play on Sunday mornings to hurt people but I don’t think that was the case but you’ll have to ask the other Guy about that.”

“I’d like to think that if I had done that to someone even if it was an accident I would have made efforts to get in touch with him though.”

“The delay in getting the ambulance there was an absolute joke and the fact that there wasn’t an ambulance there after what happened to the Jerusalem player the Year before is a disgrace.”

““Phil Teale from the Lincs FA has been a great help over the last two months and I’ve thanked Matt Wilkinson and awarding him the Mack Sawyer award is the very least he deserves for the help he gave me that night, I also want to thank the Seven Seas physio for his help and I probably owe him a beer if we ever get drawn against them again, If those two hadn’t been there it would have been a lot worse as the medical staff on the sidelines didn’t have a clue what they were doing!”

“The messages I received from Welton S&SC team mates, supporters and even players from other teams including Welton Sports AFC, FSC Victory and Scothern was really nice and really was appreciated.

“The Doctor says I should eventually make a full recovery but I’ve got a lot of physio sessions coming up but hopefully the worst is over.”

Carter went onto say that it was to early to earmark a date when he hoped to be playing again or indeed if he did think he would play again but the Welton fullback hinted that he hoped that he would eventually pull on his famous number 2 shirt again and that he would be staying involved with the team this season.”