Wednesday 22 August 2012

Drabble "Choice was easy"

James Drabble listened to "the little boy inside him" when deciding to rejoin Welton S&SC - the club he calls his "perfect match".


Drabble signed a week to week contract with the Social Park outfit and scored on his pre season debut against the George Market Rasen in a routine win for the Kelly Read Cup holders.

Once the 28-year-old had made it clear he saw his future away from Welton sports AFC, Trent Valley were quick to make their interest known but Drabble knew that a move across the Social Club was what he wanted.

He said: "In these situations, when you have to make a hard decision in your life, I always listen to that little boy inside me. What does he want? That boy was screaming for Sports and social.

"Everyone knows me by now. I love football. I am quite principled in that perspective.

"It is always difficult to find the perfect match but I do feel this is the perfect match for me.

"Welton S&SC breathes football. If you look at all the players from S&SC, I have some great friends in this team and my choice was made very soon."

"I enjoyed a great season with Welton Sports last Year and I have some great memories from my time with them but my heart told me the time was right to leave."

Drabble becomes the second player of the summer to move across the Social club joining Connor Smith who both face an angry backlash from Welton Sports fans when the two sides meet in January.