Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Captain Munn to the rescue?

Welton Sports AFC captain Alex Munn expects to be back in contention for Sunday's potentially decisive trip to Woodhall Spa.

The 26-year-old has missed the club's last three games on a trip to South Africa.
Manager Mark Daly said last week he hoped Munn would be fit to play at Woodhall as during Munn's absence Sports dropped their first points of the season and were knocked out of the Kelly Read cup amidst ugly scenes at Scothern Village Hall.

Munn’s return will be a welcome boost to the SportsMen who could wrap up the Division 2 title this weekend with victory at Woodhall.

In his first interview since his return Munn said he hoped to be able to restore calm to the dressing room.

“I hope to be able to restore a bit of calm.” Said Munn

“The manner of the defeat at Scothern was disappointing and I’d like to think I have a calming influence on people which is required sometimes.”

“The draw last week could prove to be a good point gained and I hope we can continue the good run of form that we we’re on before we got distracted by the Cup competitions.”