“I’m disappointed to be missing the game.” Said Carter“It’s out of my hands though I have been booked down to go to New York for a couple of Months now to help launch the WSSCFC academy in America and when we first booked the trip we were supposed to have a free weekend.”
“I’d Love to be available as it’s a massive game for us and Clayton’s will provide us with a tough test from what I’ve been told by people at Welton Sports AFC.”
“If the lads attitude is right which I’m sure it will be then hopefully we can get a positive result and get back to Sincil Bank to avenge last Years penalty fiasco.”
Carter’s absence comes at an inconvenient time for Welton as fellow full back Ross Taylor is currently unavailable with a broken finger sustained at Metheringham which leaves the Welton management short of cover at the back for the Semi Final at Lee Road.
“It’s not ideal.” Said Manager Al Taylor
“We’ve got a number of lads who can slot in and do a job for us at full back and hopefully Will won’t be jet lagged and will be fit and ready for the Nettleham game the Week after.”
“Ross is on the mend but he is a few Weeks away yet.”